Amazon Payments

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Traveling Momma, Mar 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Traveling Momma

Traveling Momma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi All - Does anyone know if I send $1,000 in an Amazon payment from my account (with a confirmed address) to my hubby's account (different last name but SAME address) if this will be a flag and shut me down? I'm trying to make my min. spend in one SW Chase card for my companion pass quickly and this is the best way I see how right now (no VR cards in my area).

I should add that I've read all the blogs, searched on here and FT before posting this. I know I may be charged a fee but what I don't know is if Amazon has the ability and/or matched Payee/Payor accounts by mailing address on the accounts of record.

Blue.

flightnurse, GoodBoy and Kalboz like this.
  2. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    You should be fine .i did it many times to wifey's account(same like you:different last names but obvious same address) .Just don't transfer back and forth to each other...

GoodBoy and Kalboz like this.
  3. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    So since hubby and I have the same bank account I'm effectively depositing it into my account>? I'm assuming he'll have to do something in his amazon account to deposit it into the account of note on his account, correct? Just want to get it straight in case Amazon prompts me to answer questions on the transfer.

4. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    since you're the one sending don't add you bank account.just simply add you CC...transfer to hubby and withdraw from his account

5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know how Barclay's treats the use of AP? Do they list it as a cash advance like CITI or as a charge that can meet my spending requirements?​

bluefire, GoodBoy and Kalboz like this.
  6. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:

I believe Citi doesn't treats it as a cash advance.only on their business cards....

GoodBoy, Kalboz and Singapore Flyer like this.
  7. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I find it hard to believe that AP would let you set up 2 accounts linked to the same bank account. If your account setup is indeed as stated, then you can NOT use AP to essentially pay yourself for a "service". Seems like you already knew that. So what's the real reason for starting a thread of this nature?

Kalboz likes this.
  8. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    Maybe I wasn't clear M7VO. What I was asking was what if I send a payment to hubby with my credit card, and he accepts it, and deposits it to a linked bank account, will this be flagged by Amazon because of the matching addresses on the "from" credit card and the "to" account holder (hubby)? I do not have a linked bank account in my AP profile. Just credit cards. However, I do have the same billing, mailing address on my credit card as his (which is also my) bank account that is in his AP account.

Blue.

9. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think your earlier question was clear enough:
    "So since hubby and I have the same bank account I'm effectively depositing it into my account?"
    I also think you understand the difference between sharing the address and sharing the household (and bank accounts).

Kalboz likes this.
  10. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    Transfer successful! I did not link my bank account in my AP profile just my credit card. MS met for the second SW card meaning companion pass when statement closes.

does anyone know how many days after my statement close my companion pass can be used to book flights?

SuperKirby and GoodBoy like this.
  11. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I'm seriously considering trying AP to meet a spending requirement, how does the person I "send" the money to withdraw the funds? If I initiate the transfer from my CC to another person, can it go straight to their bank account and they can withdraw the money?

GoodBoy likes this.
  12. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    The person you send the money to needs to link their bank account with AP. Once the funds arrive (that person will get an email) he/she instigates an electronic funds transfer from AP to their bank account. It's that simple. There is a fee though so read the fine print. It got me to my min. spend very quickly. Good luck!

GoodBoy likes this.
  13. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was just about to ask about the fees. Amazon says that sending the money is free using Amazon Payments. Does the fee hit when the person initiates the electronic transfer to their bank account? I assume it's a percentage, but I can't confirm that anywhere...

Edit: Looking at Amazon's list of FAQs, it's free to withdraw to your bank account according to #11.

GoodBoy likes this.
  14. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    GoodBoy likes this.
  15. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Silver Member

Status Points:
    That link says it's for Checkout by Amazon and Simple Pay. This may be a stupid question, but is that the same thing as just Amazon Payments? The link I posted right above yours says that to withdraw funds is free. I'm really confused. Have you actually been charged this fee? Anyone else have experience with this?

GoodBoy likes this.
  16. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    No. They are different. One is for businesses.

GoodBoy likes this.
  17. thepointstraveler

thepointstraveler Silver Member

Status Points:

Like Singapore Flyer stated, they are completely different. If you sign up for just amazon payments with an individual account there will be no fees whatsoever. Just make sure when you send the payment, the radio button for goods/services is selected (it will be by default)[/quote]

Singapore Flyer and GoodBoy like this.
  18. Traveling Momma

Status Points:
    I just withdrew today. I'll let you know if there are any fees. I didn't see any butI'll check tomorrow and report back. Stay tune....

GoodBoy likes this.
  19. thepointstraveler

Status Points:
    there are no fees

GoodBoy likes this.
  20. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    No fees til 1k,period.first time it took a couple of days to show up on my account but the at the last two withdraws it showed up the same day as it was initiated...

I try not to abuse the system and use it only when I have to hit multiple MSRs..suggest everyone to do the same if we want to see this around(or actually: if you don't want to get red flagged in a couple of month...:).

@OnlyOne:Used an AA visa.no cash advance fees were charged...

21. thepointstraveler

Status Points:

I agree. Just one point. There are no fees period. Once you hit 1k you simply cannot send money using a credit card as a funding source.

olmangsr likes this.
  22. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    I said up to 1k:)

thepointstraveler likes this.
  23. thepointstraveler

Status Points:
    Good point! Just wanted to clarrify, because you know there would have been a flood of questions wanting to know how much it costs after 1k otherwise, lol!

PS. Love the picture! What is the story behind it?

24. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Macau Tower in 2008....went there to do the highest bungee but it was out of service.instead i went for a "walk" on the edge and they took some pictures.honestly i was kind of relieved ,that thing was waaay too high lol.going to AKL soon,will do it there though :)

thepointstraveler likes this.
  25. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for all the responses! I'm going to give this a try tonight. We'll see how it goes. It's the first time I've used AP and I don't intend on abusing it, so I don't anticipate having any trouble.