Amazon Payments-anyone use them?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Gacspeech, Jul 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Gacspeech

Gacspeech Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

Back for yet another question since you've all been so helpful so far. :).

I need to pay my Mom some money back from a bridge loan. I thought about trying Amazon payments as a way to earn some FF points. But, I was just looking into it and it says you "cannot fund payments with a CC". Huh? I thought that was what everyone here did. Or, is this like a Bluebird thing where you buy a reloadable card or something and then use the reloadable card to load the Amazon account? Does anyone know? Also, it sounds like people that then withdraw the money might have a problem doing so, since at the bottom it gives instructions in how to try and try again to withdraw money and what to do if you can't seem to withdraw it. Has anyone used their CC and had the recipient withdraw money to a checking account with ease?

Here's the text from the Amazon website about the funding issue. The first line makes it seem like you can use your CC, but then look at the last line.

You can fund your payment using the credit card on file or from your Available Balance.
    As soon as you verify the bank account information added to your account, you can add funds to your Available Balance. To add funds to your Available Balance, follow these steps:
    Click the Deposit tab.
    Select your bank account from the drop-down menu.
    Enter the amount you want to transfer from your bank account to your Payments account.
    Click Continue.
    Note: You cannot add funds to your Amazon Payments account by using a credit card.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks again everyone. :)

2. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    @Gacspeech,

You can't fund an AP account with a CC, but you can use it just like you are when paying an item off Amazon. Pay your mom by using a CC, select "goods/services". Make sure your mom links her own AP account to her bank account so she can withdraw it to her bank. Also, the limit to send without a fee is $1000/month ONLY if you have a linked bank account. I don't know the limit without the bank account (maybe $500?). The person who I send the money to has no problems withdrawing to their bank account.
    Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 4.15.07 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 4.15.30 PM.png

Kalboz, hulagrrl210 and marcwint55 like this.
  3. justinxjx

justinxjx Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't been able to find the $1000/mo thing anywhere in Amazon's documentation. Does it tell you this only when you go through the steps? Is it $1000/mo/card or per user account or payee?

Kalboz likes this.
  4. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is $1000/month per account after it is verified by adding a bank account. You can check you account limits by clicking on edit my account settings, view my account limits.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

Kalboz and marcwint55 like this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

make sure that neither you or your credit card are listed on your mother's account or they will shut you down.

Kalboz and SuperKirby like this.
  6. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. Also, I have heard that if your mom's billing address/IP address and your's are the same, it will look shady and possibly let to a shutdown as well.

Kalboz and marcwint55 like this.
  7. jojim

jojim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Doing it every month with no problem. Send to my sister with my points earning cc and withdraws to her account. Then transfers it to my bank account online. The only annoying part is getting everything all set up to do the payments. After that is just a few clicks :D

marcwint55 and SuperKirby like this.
  8. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I send all of my kids' birthday and Christmas gifts with Amazon payments, and believe you me, they have had no trouble withdrawing it or I would have heard about it loud and clear!

marcwint55, Kalboz and SuperKirby like this.
  9. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish you were my parents ;)

marcwint55, Gacspeech and Kalboz like this.
  10. Morkal

Morkal Member

Status Points:
    I only use paypal to send the money because its easy to use.

11. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Send me some Amazon payments and maybe we can arrange something.

justinxjx and SuperKirby like this.