Amari Doha to open November 1

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by uggboy, Sep 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Amari Doha to open November 1 ||

Growth is always nice, especially when a new brand to the region is involved.:)

2. Schali

Schali Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just booked 16 nights there starting this Saturday - I will keep you guys updated how it is :)

uggboy likes this.
  3. Schali

Schali Silver Member

Status Points:
    So far very nice communication with the hotel. I received a welcome email asking if I require an airport shuttle because I provided my flight information. It seems the property didn't open until this January. Did a status match with their Chorus loyalty program - however they advised me that this particular hotel does not yet accept Chorus?!

uggboy likes this.
  4. Schali

Schali Silver Member

Status Points:
    just because its funny: of course my GPU on W-fare to Frankfurt didn't clear :)
    (on my way to Doha)

uggboy likes this.
  5. Schali

Schali Silver Member

Status Points:
    Being back in the states for two weeks now I finally acclimated to my pre-trip after work alcoholic beverage consumption and found the time to post some of my thoughts of the newly build and opened Amari Doha.

This was a great trip to Qatar. An amazing new hotel and I have to say: Location, location, and location are key for this hotel made my stay.

I was able to secure one of their opening offers with a 33% discount on stays 5 days or longer plus an upgrade to their delux room including the breakfast buffet. I paid about $124 USD a night.

The delux room was on the top floor (12th) with one of the nicest showers I have had so far:

big_shower.jpg

The room offered complimentary two 500ml bottles of water which were replaced on a daily base plus coffee and tea. I really enjoyed the daily 3 printed pages of the top world news and local news. Local would be “The Times” for UK customers, “Independent” for US, and the “Tagesrundschau” which I received a few times as a German national. This was one of the few signs that the hotel is still trying to figure out their daily operations and routine. Same for the turn down service which I received only 5 times over my 16 nights stay.

Here is a link to the delux room on the hotel website:
    http://www.amari.com/doha/deluxe.aspx

The second high light next to the shower was the breakfast buffet. I didn’t take pictures of the whole selection. I couldn’t stand the memories compared to my daily oat meal or breakfast burrito on a good day. Just a teaser of my plates:

breakfast.jpg

There was a juice bar, eggs, pancakes, and waffles made to order Indian curry and Thai noodles, baked beans, potatoes, hash browns, fresh fruits, olives, hummus, fish, cheese…, and a huge bread selection. They had a great coffee and specialty coffee made on request. I guess my list above gives you a good impression on my daily breakfast selection J

Finally the location with a spoiler photo:
    window_view.jpg

This view from my room shows old town Doha with a huge city development project. It is a massive construction site but the double glass windows filtered all the noise and it didn’t bother me at all. In the top left of the skyline you can see the twisted tower which takes about 10 min to walk there. Right before is the Souq Waqif http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souq_Waqif

Souq_up.jpg

You will find amazing shopping and restaurants. I paid about $5.50 USD for a Shisha and $10 for meals (and up). My favorite was a Lebanese bakery with their baked cheeses (“similar” to pizza bread with a variety of cheese toppings).

You can also reach the Doha Corniche http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doha_Corniche in 15 minutes and have access to all the sites there.

A last detail I really enjoyed about the location is the small stores around this area. I went to one of the best Indian restaurant I have been in years for a $6 meal covering my annual garlic consumption with one dish– awesome place. Also for my job there were any kinds of stores offering concrete drills, jig saws, mirrors – literally everything.

The trip was quite exhausting and work took it tolls but this hotel and the area mad it worth it.

Attached Files:

Smila and uggboy like this.