Always Remember to check your cancellation policy.

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Muerl, Aug 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

So, I am frustrated on this one, but it will all be okay.

So I forgot to cancel a point break stay for today at the Crowne Plaza Newton/Boston. My parents were possibly going to be in town and it was a back up. So today I realize I need to cancel and went through a number of holds with the hotel and with the Rewards Club Lline. According to the no show/ late cancel policy they will refund my points but charge my credit card the cost of 1 night.

So basically they want to charge me $140 to give me back 5000 points. They would not simply check me through and take the points over the phone either.

So instead of being able to resell my room on a busy summer night in Boston, I have to drive over there, take an upgraded room and any other platinum amenities they will give me and not stay in the room.

I figure I will show up for breakfast tomorrow just to cost them money, since they will give it to me as a platinum member.

Anyway, its okay for me because I can drive over and handle this, but always remember to check the cancellation policy!
  2. CHK

CHK Active Member

good point ! have a heavy breakfast !
    Terry Yap likes this.
  3. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Most other chains do this, too. And often the no-show price isn't disclosed. I find it annoying, and I wish they would just take the points.