Altitude 2019

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by mevlannen, Jul 9, 2018.

1. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's that time of year, wherein we realise that we are all now half-way to the end of the annual (re)qualification race. So, what happens in 2019?

And first, a wry observation. In Canadian domestic short-haul flying, E75K is almost as handy as S100K. Most of the rural outstations board Zones 1 and 2 together. Some board `Zone Mevlannen` first, by customary invitation to the old lady who sits in the bulkhead row (I shan`t name those stations, lest their boarding agents get themselves in trouble over that kindness).

Thus, after eons and years of SE. 75 wasn`t quite so hard a pill to swallow. This year, already, am at 74 segs and 3 more to come tomorrow; 14+ thousand on the AQD and quite likely at 100 segs / 20 thou by the end of September. In other words, 100K for next year.

My guess is that SE will become 150/150K/30 thou next year, simply because AC have had high utilisation of capacity, especially to the outstations. I'll handily have my E100K, which (if all goes in a kindly manner) just might secure concierge service for domestic J itineraries.

I further guess that P25K will become P35K; E50K will become E60K, and 75K tier will vanish (because it basically functions now as a boobie-prize for frequent domestic travellers).

Would be interested in people's speculations as to what next year might bring.

Be well,

Elane

YULtide likes this.
  2. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't see any major changes until 2020 when AC takes over the FF program from AE

The Lev and mevlannen like this.
  3. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, Londoncalling, I wish that I might share your optimism. However, I am striving steadfastly to bear in mind that Altitude and Aeroplan are two different things altogether, and that the majority of the perquisites I value are derived solely from the Altitude programme.

YULtide likes this.
  4. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
  5. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Just keep in mind that AC is going to change the current plan even with the purchase of AE. With CC partners as investors the excessive reward costs for non FF'ers will come into play. In my mind that means some fewer options for the FF'ers

YULtide likes this.
  6. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Concerto likes this.
  7. Concerto
    Original Member

Concerto Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am so disappointed that this offer fell through. Hoping that another deal will eventually be reached with Air Canada and Aimia/Aeroplan...

YULtide likes this.
  8. londoncalling

Status Points:
    The parties are still negotiating no matter what you see or hear. The CEO of Aimia has proven to be a good negotiator. Aimia needs to make this deal and they will make it with AC.

mevlannen and YULtide like this.
  9. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let's see, Porter to Toronto, Flair to YEG, and Transat to the UK? Covers all my personal bases.

YULtide likes this.
  10. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Personally, I'm looking forward to that Flair J redemption to Australia.

londoncalling likes this.
  11. londoncalling

Status Points:
    And Porter to EZE

YULtide likes this.
  12. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    So today's email says Air Canada is giving away 3 $500 gift cards. All you need to do is send in your full contact information for a chance to win. Looks like they're building a database for the new FF programme.

13. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Probably some other reason, in my opinion, since they already have a data base with your AE numbers. They could be trying to get non AC fliers who collect Aeroplan miles for future flights. People saving for that one in a lifetime vacation

YULtide likes this.
  14. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Should have been clearer. Yes, they have our contact information, but there are loads other people who could be enticed to add their information to the database for $500, as you suggest.

I wouldn't say no to a $500 gift card, but Air Canada giving out $1500 total isn't exactly a massive outlay.