Altitude 2019

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by mevlannen, Jul 9, 2018.

1. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's that time of year, wherein we realise that we are all now half-way to the end of the annual (re)qualification race. So, what happens in 2019?

And first, a wry observation. In Canadian domestic short-haul flying, E75K is almost as handy as S100K. Most of the rural outstations board Zones 1 and 2 together. Some board `Zone Mevlannen` first, by customary invitation to the old lady who sits in the bulkhead row (I shan`t name those stations, lest their boarding agents get themselves in trouble over that kindness).

Thus, after eons and years of SE. 75 wasn`t quite so hard a pill to swallow. This year, already, am at 74 segs and 3 more to come tomorrow; 14+ thousand on the AQD and quite likely at 100 segs / 20 thou by the end of September. In other words, 100K for next year.

My guess is that SE will become 150/150K/30 thou next year, simply because AC have had high utilisation of capacity, especially to the outstations. I'll handily have my E100K, which (if all goes in a kindly manner) just might secure concierge service for domestic J itineraries.

I further guess that P25K will become P35K; E50K will become E60K, and 75K tier will vanish (because it basically functions now as a boobie-prize for frequent domestic travellers).

Would be interested in people's speculations as to what next year might bring.

Be well,

Elane

YULtide likes this.
  2. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't see any major changes until 2020 when AC takes over the FF program from AE

mevlannen likes this.
  3. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, Londoncalling, I wish that I might share your optimism. However, I am striving steadfastly to bear in mind that Altitude and Aeroplan are two different things altogether, and that the majority of the perquisites I value are derived solely from the Altitude programme.

YULtide likes this.