Alternatives To Being Loyal To Hilton HHonors?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Reader Adam left the following comment on the Ask Lucky page of the blog: "Lucky, I had a HORRIBLE experience at the new Hilton Garden Inn Oceanside in VA Beach this past weekend. The funny part is that the Hurricane weather was the least of any issues! The breakfast was horrible. We waited over 90 minutes to be seated and served, and the food was disgusting. The lady who checked us automatically signed us up for the points vs. breakfast (we are GOLD), so i had to go and fix that before breakfast even started. The night before the hotel restaurant was on an hour long wait (due to being understaffed, as was breakfast). Room service made up the room and did a horrible job, including leaving beach sand all over the entry way. We checked out less than 24 hours later on Friday morning and I demanded all my points back (180K). Waste of a July 4th weekend. What’s your opinion of Hilton brand compared to SPG, Hyatt, etc for stays in the US? I realize that there aren’t as many SPG and Hyatt’s but this was not a good view. I’ve stayed in nice HGI’s before but I wonder if it’s really still worth achieving $40K in spend to get diamond status on Amex Surpass… versus focusing on SPG???" The post Alternatives To Being Loyal To Hilton HHonors? appeared first on One Mile at a Time. CommentsHmmm. Although there are ups and downs with some waldorf ... by EvanRelated StoriesUsing Your Hotel Elite Status For Others?Review: St. Regis New YorkReview: Grand Hyatt New York

Continue reading...