Alternatives for Popular Tourist Destinations in the US

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by rwoman, Jun 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Alternatives for Popular Tourist Destinations in the US

I thought this was a pretty interesting list of things you can do near/at various popular destinations in the US. I like the idea of the Boston Harbor Islands...may have to check it out the next time I go to BOS!
    Although is Miami more family friendly than WDW?? :)

Blue Skye and uggboy like this.
  2. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    i am amused by the San Francisco vs. Cheese School of SF. :D the writer must really LIKE cheese to think it trumps the scenery around town. ;)

desamo and iolaire like this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let me know how it goes when you tell your child "sorry, I've decide that we will skip a day at the air and space museum to walk around the two block China Town and look at the Chinese’s friendship arch... and not only that we will go to the McDonalds with Chinese characters on the door to get a happy meal"

desamo likes this.
  4. Tad's Broiled Steaks

Tad's Broiled Steaks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget the CVS too. But if one REALLY wanted to go to the DC area Chinatown, Rockville is the scoop. Even better than any of that old junk along the Mall.

iolaire likes this.
  5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I read once that silver spring put down an artificial grass lawn somewhere, you could check to see if that's still around, plus you could visit a Whole Foods...