Alone on the Airbus A380 « Frankfurt am Main »

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by JSpira, Apr 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flying back from FRA to JFK on LH 400 last Thursday, I was fortunate to spend some time on the A380 before pre-boarding started so I could explore it. It is much easier to get good photos of an aircraft's interior when it is devoid of passengers!

A few photos below - plus there are several slideshows on page 3 here.

This was my first A380 trip (and I'm pretty sure that I'm now covered on all Boeing, MD, and Airbus twin-aisle aircraft with this flight except the 787 of course).

While many have said that the business class on the A380 isn't really different from other long-haul aircraft, there was noticeably more room (I was in row 10 in the center) and the aircraft was noticeably quieter.

One of the really cool things was the new "airshow" - which includes 3 cameras (nose, belly, and tail) and a cockpit simulation showing where you are using Google Earth (a separate slideshow on page 3 of my review walks through examples of this).

I guess I got the best of both worlds on this trip - FlyNet on the flight from EWR to FRA and the A380 on the FRA JFK return!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ralfkrippner and ducster like this.
  2. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great report. I especially loved the slideshow showing the cameras and Google Earth view.

3. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. As soon as I saw the "airshow" I knew I had to memorialize it in slides.

4. ralfkrippner
    Original Member

ralfkrippner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - great trip report and photos!