Aloha, Brisbane!

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by Wandering Aramean, Jun 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or maybe Brisbane is saying G’day to Hawaii. Hard to know exactly which way the translations should go, but it is quite clear that flights between Honolulu and Brisbane will start November 27, 2012, with thrice weekly service from Hawaiian Airlines. The flights will be operated on a 767 aircraft with 262 seats, meaning 40,000+ new seats in the Australia – Hawaii market annually.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewanderingaramean/2012/06/hawaiian-airlines-says-aloha-to-brisbane/
    http://investor.hawaiianairlines.co...hacmp=Twitter_PRESS-RELEASE-Brisbane_20120619

2. MissBurrill
    Original Member

MissBurrill Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am very tempted to book on the inagural flight out of Brisbane.

3. MissBurrill
    Original Member

MissBurrill Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Brisbane flights are for sale on the Hawaiian website. I can fly in coach return for AU$1024.95. Is very tempting to book on the inagural flight out of Brisbane. The business class seats are all sold (reserved for VIP's I'm thinking) on that one.

4. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is the email I got today, offering discounts for Hawaiian Mile members:

We're adding new routes to Auckland, New Zealand, and Brisbane, Australia and we want you to help us celebrate! HawaiianMiles members can redeem either a $500 off E-Certificate for roundtrip Business Class travel or a $200 off E-Certificate for Coach roundtrip travel to Auckland, Brisbane, or Sydney, Australia.
    Our new routes to Auckland and Brisbane open a world of unique experiences for our members. Brisbane is the gateway to Australia's most popular attractions like the Gold Coast and the Great Barrier Reef. In New Zealand, try exploring the country's unique and beautiful landscape in an auto tour.
    Let us take you to our newest destinations aboard our roomy, widebody jets where you are never more than one seat from an aisle. Once in Australia or New Zealand, you can explore other cities in the region with our new partner Virgin Australia. HawaiianMiles members can earn HawaiianMiles on any Virgin Australia route.
    Sydney or Brisbane, Australia
    Booking Period: Aug 1 – Aug 14, 2012
    Travel Period: Nov 29, 2012 – Jun 30, 2013
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Booking Period: Aug 1 – Aug 14, 2012
    Travel Period: Mar 15 – Jun 30, 2013

miles and smiles and MissBurrill like this.
  5. jk2
    Original Member

jk2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How good/bad Hawaiian first class on this route? I suspect they don't have lie-flat seats, correct? DL miles are hard to use for awards to Australia, and Hawaian is one of the options. Plus Hawaii may be a good stopover.

miles and smiles likes this.
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The seats are basically domestic F seats. Not bad, but not at all comparable to long-haul international service from other carriers.

miles and smiles and 8MiHi like this.
  7. MissBurrill
    Original Member

MissBurrill Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've booked on the inaugural Brisbane - Honolulu flight!

8. jk2
    Original Member

jk2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How can HA operate long-haul flight with domestic F seats? It must be disaster. It's not even recliners.