Aloft Tempe - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Jslo, Jun 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    This hotel has a great location. Right off the 202, near PHX Skyharbor, ASU, short drive to "downtown" Phoenix. It also has a Starbucks, an In -N- Out, and a FroYo shop within about 100m walk in the outlot area. The lobby is pretty cool with a pool table, bar, food/refuel/sitting hangout area typical of an aloft.

Check in desk is right by the front door, and the staff was welcoming. A girl named Belen checked me in, she was very helpful and friendly. Really cool person. She got me a complimentary coffee/espresso from the refueling station. The rooms are all the same here I think, no suites per se. But some of the corners are a little bigger and I had one of those rooms. The pool area is small but nice with seating and relaxing decor.

Rooms were clean and quiet despite the 202 being pretty close. I slept well! The A/C was adequate which is important in Phoenix. Nothing super high end here, but very friendly, professional, convenient SPG stay near Tempe and ASU. A good value all in all, I'll stay here again I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DeltaExpert likes this.
  2. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of the staff, I all recall Belen from my stay! She was very friendly and helpful. In general, staff is younger and more casual than the Ws or Westins.

The In-n-Out across the street was great late night food.

Golds get a free drink (coffee/espresso) from the refueling station, IIRC.

DeltaExpert and Jslo like this.
  3. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I forgot that! Yes, I got a nice espresso when I checked in from the refuel area.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  4. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    My sister lives in the building behind the Aloft.. Was thinking of staying there but am not an SPG guy and so I stayed at the Hyatt Place rather farther away instead.. Its really good too actually, just not the same as what I see here.. regrettably..:rolleyes:

DeltaExpert likes this.