Aloft - Portland Airport (PDX)

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by dgreen12, Feb 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Typical Aloft experience, so I'll comment on features of this particular location:

Shuttle (shared with the Sheraton) can take you from the airport to the hotel, which is located about a mile or so from the airport. There's also the possibility of taking the light rail from the airport to the first stop, and the hotel is a short walk away.

It's a good option for those more interested in downtown Portland hotels for when those hotels are full or have high rates. The light rail takes about a half hour or so (in actual travel time) to get to downtown Portland, and it runs frequently.

Within a short walk from the hotel are chain restaurants, a Yo Cream (yum) frozen yogurt store, chain shopping and an Ikea.

My partner and I enjoyed the Aloft experience and depending on pricing of downtown Portland hotels, we'd stay there again for the ease of transportation options and the proximity to Yo Cream.

2. seaflyguy
    Original Member

seaflyguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    My fiancée and I stayed there a week ago and liked it. Portland isn't a huge city, so even though it's out at the airport, it's just not that long a haul from downtown. The shopping nearby is a plus, as is the Starbucks a couple of blocks down the street. We did encounter heavy traffic getting off the airport access freeway into Cascade Station (the shopping center) to our hotel because it was a weekend afternoon, but it didn't take too long to negotiate it.

The fitness center and pool are typical for Aloft, which is to say, nice.

All that said, I just joined FoundersClub, and their $169 rate at The Nines downtown is looking really, really good when high season gets here.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The PDX aloft has offered some good park-and-fly rates, lower than AAA rates. This includes about a week of free (outdoor) parking in their lot. However, you can also use these rates if you do not have a car to park.

4. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    I found this hotel to be really, really noisy. I know it's close to the airport, but I've stayed at the PHL and PHX alofts and neither was as loud as PDX.

5. socaflyer

socaflyer Active Member

Status Points:
    We usually stay either here or at the Sheraton down the street. We find both to be very convenient to the airport. We prefer the Sheraton's restaurant to the Aloft's food offerings, however, there is an IHOP next door to the Aloft that provides a quick breakfast.