Aloft Ontario Rancho Cucamonga

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Steve GadFly, Jun 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just stayed two nights at this property earlier this week and I will absolutely NOT be going back anytime soon. I stay in hotels a lot...enough to be SPG Plat, IHG Gold, and Marriott lifetime Platinum Premier & this hotel had, by far, the absolute worst internet of anyplace I've ever stayed. I ran multiple speed-tests and came up with a pretty consistent 0.2 MBPS (yes...you read that right...zero point two).

The property manager gave a very insincere apology & gave me 750 points for the inconvenience so I think a note to customer service will be coming.

Had anyone else seen internet speeds this pathetic at at a hotel?

2. h0pper

h0pper Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have not used the internet but stay here often. Everyone I deal with has been over the top accommodating. I love the lobby and the rooms are great. If your main requirement is fast WiFi then you may want to always just use your phone as a hot spot.

3. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    A property that markets itself as a business hotel and advertises high-speed in-room internet shouldn't be 15 years behind the times as far as speed is concerned.

4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've ended up plenty of places with unusable WiFi, especially if VPN etc. Is required...i try to avoid relying on hotel WiFi for busines travel.

Was this a property-wide issue or poor coverage in your room?

5. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seemed like property-wide. The people at the front desk told me that the wired internet they use on their front-desk computers has always been terrible.