aloft Green Bay (Wisconsin) - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by MSPeconomist, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a standard aloft in many ways: modern design stylish rooms that almost seem dorm-like, bathroom with shower only and liquid toiletries in large dispensers, bar scene in lobby, small heated pool, etc. No upgrades for Plats, although they did give me a Starbucks beverage with a nice welcome note from the front desk (which is the best Plat recognition I've seen in an aloft).

Room service is delivered by a fish and seafood restaurant within walking distance (across the parking lots). There's a menu on the desks in rooms.

This hotel is not located downtown. Only a few restaurants are within walking distance. There's a railroad museum that might be walkable. When I stayed here, some road construction made finding the hotel a bit of a challenge.

It is, however, one of the closest hotels to the Green Bay Packers stadium. However, this would be a long and boring (busy streets and commercial/light industrial area with a few mid-rise office buildings) walk.

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    If one needs a *W stay then clearly this property is your only option near the Great Northwoods.

I've stayed a few times now and for me I found the Aloft property in the middle of nowhere with nothing within walking distance. I prefer downtown properties that are next to the convention center as I can walk across the bridge to some decent bars/pubs & restaurants.

The bar has usually been filled with folks I'd rather not share a beer with, I prefer a more Wisconsin atmosphere, so I drive north on Broadway past the Georgia Pacific plant and there are quite a number of more local bars, drive a bit further north and you'll find actually some ethnic restaurants (yes they exist in Green Bay!!)

flyingdawg likes this.