Aloft DEN

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Punki, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    We got stuck in DEN last night and spent the night at the Aloft.

When we checked in late, we asked if the bar was still open and the clerk said it wasn't but asked what we wanted. When we said two glasses of cabernet, he called over the bar tender and ordered the wine for us and then told us that the Platinum amenity for the night was 250 points and two glasses of cabernet. :)

That was a good start for our stay.

Hunki says that Aloft rooms remind him up upscale dorm rooms. :) While they aren't fancy, they certainly are adequate, clean, and address all of our real needs, and most of all we have always found Aloft staff to be extremely friendly and accommodating.

I suspect that all rooms in all Aloft properties will be identical. They are trendy and designed to appeal to the 30 somethings. The lobbies feel like bars and the rooms are spare but have free internet, a refrigerator, an ironing board (do people still use ironing boards in hotels?) and a coffee maker. I slept well so I can't complain.

Aloft experiences will never be especially memorable for their ambiance, but they will serve.