Almost on topic! Need some advice with a new job...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trutch, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Trutch

Trutch New Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone. I've been offered a job in the UK and I think I'm going to take it, as it means a promotion (and a payrise;)) and a great change in scenery. I currently live in France and I'm a software developer. However I was wondering if the wages I would get are enough to live comfortably in the UK, and if anyone there could advise? I will be making about £1600 per month after tax according to this UK tax tool income-tax.co.uk . I however will be living in or near London, so I'm expecting property to be quite expensive (Only need a single bedroom flat so hoping it's not outrageously bad). Anyone got any advise to the job or living in London? It would be greatly appreciated! :D

2. MildSoft05

MildSoft05 Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm not discouraging you but according to a friend living there, London is one of the most expensive cities in terms of cost of living or general affordability.

3. 365RoadWarrior

365RoadWarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are several on-line tools to allow you to compare salaries and costs of living between cities. This one covers London and Paris; you may live elsewhere in France, but maybe it will be helpful. https://teleport.org/salaries/