Almost impossible to find a triple in Japan

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by flynhwn, Jun 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    We have traveled to Japan three time in the past year and always have a hard time finding a triple.
    For some reason no matter what city we go to we find it almost impossible to find a triple at a reasonable cost, if you can get one at all. It's almost cheaper to get two rooms. Some offer roll-aways but the cost of the third person and cramped quarters make the option not very appealing.
    Guess we send her off to college and just go as a couple .

2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any specific location in mind?

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    IIRC the Imperial Hotel Tokyo has rates for three guests. However, I've never seen these rooms. I'm guessing that they have two double beds and are located in the Tower (more modern part of the hotel).

4. DaveRudd

DaveRudd Active Member

Status Points:
    Chances of finding a triple room in a BEDDED hotel are probably zero. However you can fit four into a 6-mat Japanese style room, sleeping on futon. That's very common at Japanese inns. The Hotel Okura has some Japanese rooms, but I don't know what the numbers restrictions are.

5. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    Conrad Tokyo will do it and the beds are pretty comfy, IMO.

6. frank10b

frank10b Silver Member

Status Points:
    try airbnb or other site, lots of options for different configurations at lower expense.
    I gave up on hotels long ago, i prefer a stove or kitchen to eat healthy and often a better neighborhood too!

7. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    another suggestion is a apartment, like Citedines in Tokyo, i think there are provisions for 3 pax at a reasonable cost

flynhwn likes this.