Allow several users to edit a post

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by flospi, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some of us will probably start general information threads as guides about airports, airlines, ffp, hotel programs, etc.
    It might be useful for the original author of that post to be able to give editing rights to other users for various reasons: holidays, change of interest, divide the work, ...

Bob Smolinsky and JALPak like this.
  2. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe those posts are better be posted in the wiki format. Right now there's a wiki beta going on and you can find more info here: Wiki now in Beta

flospi and Bob Smolinsky like this.
  3. lin821
    Original Member

lin821 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, as stated in the wiki-now-in-beta thread, wiki is now in a test mode on MP.

However, if I read the OP correctly, what OP is asking and describing is more on a par with the wikiposts, which is not current active in Beta, and may or may not be part of MP in the future. Speaking for myself, I will be very disappointed if MP decides not to implement wikiposts.

I did start a thread about wikiposts: Will wikipost feature(i.e. 2nd post in thread) be implemented on MilePoint?. Please read and continue the wikiposts discussion in said thread so the development team can easily get all the feedback from one place.

flospi and JALPak like this.
  4. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm... Somehow I do see kind of a mixture. I started a guide on ZRH in the Local Point forum, that's why I asked the question.
    So implementing the wiki might also be interesting, if you could do a new wiki post, that might also be a thread starter, or vice versa, start a new thread and with it a new entry to the wiki. For guides that seems to be more the way. But for the general chatter, the wikipost feature might be nice. For example if there is a discussion going on about a special fare or about the merger of two airlines. That's information that'll be obsolete after a couple of days/weeks/months, but a guide is always needed and should be on top.

(Darn my english is getting worse as the night arrives :))

JALPak likes this.