All International 757 Aircraft Now Have E+

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Jan 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://ir.unitedcontinentalholdings...3680&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1654061&highlight=

United Airlines, a wholly owned subsidiary of United Continental Holdings(NYSE: UAL), today announced it is now offering Economy Plus seating on all long-haul international Boeing 757-200 flights, offering economy customers the option of six inches of extra legroom.
    With the reconfiguration, the aircraft have 16 flat-bed seats in BusinessFirst, 45 seats in Economy Plus and 108 in Economy. The 757-200 reconfiguration project, which began in late November, outfits those aircraft with 1,845 Economy Plus seats.
    The 41 aircraft principally operate between New York/Newark and Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belfast, Berlin, Birmingham,Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Glasgow, Hamburg, Lima, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Manchester, Oslo,Paris, Shannon, Stockholm and Stuttgart, and between Washington/Dulles and Amsterdam and Paris.

2. TrippePanAM

TrippePanAM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am very happy about this.:)

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Me, too!

Flyer1976 likes this.
  4. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've done ARN-EWR in E+ on one of these birds, significantly better than regular Y.

tjtenor4 and Flyer1976 like this.
  5. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, that didn't take very long once they put their mind to it.

6. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 752 fleet was fairly easy to do as all it really involved was pulling a row of Y and adjusting the other four rows to compensate. No IFE changes or other silliness to complicate matters.

Plus the whole, "not having to divert for fuel" thing that the unions like to may hay of.

tjtenor4 likes this.
  7. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good to know, since these seem to be popping up on alot of my searches lately!

8. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    They should be on all 752-serviced routes. To be clear, the seat is not awesome. It is the same Y seat that has always been, just like legacy UA E+. There's just more legroom, which is a critical issue for me personally.

Scott Schmidt likes this.
  9. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget they also have to adjust the seatback trays to make it a little bit longer so you don't bend over to eat or use it.

10. tjtenor4
    Original Member

tjtenor4 Gold Member

Status Points:
    (emphasis added)

[​IMG]

:D

11. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Heh. I've been avoiding CO757's over the water so this is a change I can like...!

12. tjtenor4
    Original Member

tjtenor4 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh absolutely - the reference was to "alot" (as opposed to "a lot") - the image there in my post is click-able, see the cartoon and it might make more sense :)

13. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    This is great news! I wish UA had a website with the information regarding number of planes per type (and percentages) complete with E+. Updated frequently to show us the progress.

14. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    The tweet about this update mentioned that there is now 6 inches of extra legroom. Since economy on these sCO 752s had 31 inch before the conversion, that means the E+ seats on these planes now have 37 inches?

15. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, but those seats are far from the worst of the legacy CO Y seats. The 752 fleet had new Y seats installed around 2007 when the AVOD system was installed in the Y cabin. They're still better than the seats many of the 737s have.

Gtitan likes this.
  16. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm impressed with how quickly CO installed the Y+ on their 752 fleet. I know it was easy to do, but it's still nice to see them move that quickly. And yes it should provide some marginal improvement to reduce fuel stops.

Meanwhile I'm told that the UA side is making significant progress on installing the lie-flat C product on the UA 772's. I believe they are now over 50% complete, and one of the concierges in SEA told me that the lie-flat C product is now on about 60% of the departures on 875/876 SEA-NRT-SEA - which is one of the easier transpacific routes to find NC space.

We're approaching an international fleet that has 100% Y+ and 100% lie-flat in C - that is a change I like.

17. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    While I did not have a tape measure, I don't believe it was 37"; 36" seems more apt.

18. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very true; the newer Y seats on the 737s are terrible.

19. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't find those to be that bad.

20. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was the corporate United twitter account. Not sure why they would be inflating the numbers...

21. zenNJ

zenNJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can anyone tell me from personal experience whether the E+ seats are better/worse than the exit aisle seats that can recline? I am booked on a CO 757-200 next sunday coming back from LHR->EWR and I have option to take exit row (row 21( but not an aisle seat and there are still a few E+ seats that are aisle seats. I prefer aisle generally but more comfy seats trump that.

22. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great news.

23. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The same press release indicates that there are only 18 772s left to be done, with 28 completed in the past couple months. There are still 11 764s and 14 763s to be done as well. The 762s are not getting the new seats, meaning the fleet won't be 100% until they are retired, but it is going to be darn close by EoY, with really only a few stragglers out there until the end.

24. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Maybe E- went from 31 to 30" ? :eek:

But I am not sure if I would be able to tell the difference between 36 and 37 inches without seeing both of them next to each other. Neither one of them is going to cause my knees to touch the seat in front of me. 36 vs 34 (on the 747) is definitely noticeable, though.

25. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Certainly hope not:eek: