All but one social discussion thread seen in "What's New" vs "All Recent Messages"

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Horse, Jun 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently noticed that when I click on "What's New?" all the social threads show with the exception of the FL* Lounge.

Because the lounges specific for an airline are categorized with the airline, they show as a content containing thread instead of off topic/social. So therefore, they are usually in the first page of "What's New?".

The Community Lounge (Good m/a/e) is in the Community Center forum and that too is categorized as "content" and is always seen on the first page of "What's New?".

The lounge I most often visit is the FL* Lounge. It has been placed in Off Topic/Social and the only way you will see it on a new thread search is by going from "What's New?" to "All Recent Messages". It is the only social thread in that category and is categorized with the random posts of Countdown From xxxx, Food Association, People Association, Three Word Stories, Post a Random Number and Color, etc.

Is there any way you can move FL* to the Community Center forum so it can be viewed with all the other lounges on "What's New?"?

BeachMiles, Chimpy, milchap and 5 others like this.
  2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Randy:

Can you please address this issue ?

Horse, Kaanapali, Mangy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be helpful if this was addressed - yea or nay - as at least then the OP (and others who may have the same question) would know her (their) concern(s) were being 1) seen/heard and 2) being given the courtesy of a reply/response.

Horse, Chimpy and milchap like this.
  4. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can deal with a negative response.....but no response is just plain being ignored.

Horse and Chimpy like this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know people here will disagree with me, but I think that the Community Lounge thread should be moved to Off Topic/Social rather than having the FL* thread moved into Community Center.

I think there's also an argument that the Posting while Partially Clothed thread should also be moved into the Off Topic/Social forum.

BeachMiles likes this.
  6. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is the downside of moving the FL* thread into Community Center?

It indeed a very active thread where forum members interact with friendship.

7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Move this stuff around too much and we'll need a google maps applet to find our favorite threads!

(time to put some arm twisting on the xenforo developers to create a MyMilepoint feature)

BeachMiles, Kaanapali and milchap like this.
  8. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I've looked at this three times prior and always come away with the same thought -- that the thread is properly placed, though the remedy seems to be something some in the community have suggested is not a good solution. I do not believe that the Community forum needs two different types of social conversation threads. I think for future members it would prove to be confusing and from the outside, both threads currently appear to serve a similar if not same purpose and with similar if not same posts—the idea would be to merge these two threads. However, in asking members posting to these threads, there is a belief of differences between the two threads and as such a merger would likely mess things up. Bottom line -- I'm not seeing two social conversation threads in the same forum and would like to preserve Off Topic for content given that there are plenty of other treads that can connect social conversations elsewhere on milepoint. As such, FL* just does not seem to be a thread to replace any need elsewhere within the forum structure. Just my observation based on a look through.

9. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Randy for the response.
    It was not the answer that I had advocated for....but in life, one does not always get what one hopes for. :)

savydog, Concerto and Chimpy like this.
  10. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, Randy... thanks for the response about this.

I personally don't agree with it, as I don't see why it is a problem to have more than one social thread in Community. It is possible and I fail to see how is is confusing in any way. While there is "content" within every one of the social threads, FL* is in fact a "community", everyone is invited to participate, and you don't have to live/fly any particular airline to get great benefit from it.

But I really could not care less where the thread is located, as long as it can be "watched" .... it is easy to find.

savydog, Chimpy, Kaanapali and 2 others like this.