Alitalia Miles

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by PHLFlyer, May 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. PHLFlyer

PHLFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone,

Quick question. Back in April, when Alitalia was running the promo for 2000 free Millemiglia miles with sign up (plus more for flight bookings, which I didn't take advantage of), I signed up for an account. Those miles posted for me recently, and I wanted some advice on what to do with them now.

I was under the impression that you could transfer them to Starwood, but that was apparently mistaken. If anyone has any thoughts on how to move these miles from Alitalia to another (major) airline or hotel chain, I would really like to hear it. Thanks in advance!

2. PHLFlyer

PHLFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    bump

any thoughts?

3. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello, it is impossible to convert the MilleMiglia miles, remember that the miles will expire at the beginning of 2015!! Alitalia has a terrible FF program ( I am Italian :) ). If you do not have enough miles for an award ticket, this is the only alternative http://www.alitalia.com/us_en/millemiglia/miglia-alitalia/index.html#cash_and_miles.
    My advice ... fly Alitalia (if you want) but uses another Skyteam FF program