Alitalia feeling left out

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by BondAir007, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BondAir007
    Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Alitalia Airlines is feeling left out of not having their own 'Loyalty Programs' forum and put in the ...step child forum aka 'other airlines | Europe'. [​IMG]

Due to the decision, Alitalia will allow Elites with no status with SkyTeam partners to upgrade from coach to Business or First Class depending on the aircraft. No matter what they pay for their airfare. Subject to seat available. For SkyTeam Elite members who pay for I,J, and Z fare will board the plane last. This program runs until the end of month of March 2011. On April 1, 2011, Alitalia will go on strike. [​IMG]

OY-JFS and aga like this.
  2. benchik
    Original Member

benchik Silver Member

Status Points:
    Speaking of Alitalia, is there any good way to check partner award availability? What has available doesn't match what Alitalia tells me on the phone.

3. Well Alitalia definitely is a minor company now, after all the routes they cut 4 years back. And their FFP is definitely handicapped by the Italian law that makes it "expire" every 4 or so years. I left them long ago, and I am veeeery happy abput it, though I still have to claim an award.