Alerts (Watch) an Entire Category?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by IPBrian, Jul 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey Guys,
    Is there a way to watch an entire category and get alerts? I am familiar with getting alerts on a thread after it has been generated, but lets say I wanted to receive alerts with the title anytime a new post came to say Forum>Airline Programs>AA. This would be great if you could get it via email, but maybe also alerts via txt or twitter DM/@reply. Some forum categories only get a handful of new posts each day so I figure this would be helpful.

Specifically I was thinking about the recent posts of 1000 or 3000 SPG points for liking a hotel facebook page. Those deals are gone so quickly you have to get it almost immediately. If you were to receive a twitter DM as soon as that posted with a link to the thread, you would have immediate access to breaking news on the site!

Perhaps I am just missing this feature and if so someone please let me know! Thanks to everyone as always for the great info on the site!

SC Flier and savydog like this.
  2. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a follow up I just realized the categories include RSS feeds...is there a way to leverage this to get automated alerts...without checking an RSS reader perhaps?

SC Flier likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    In this list the ability to watch forums has been added, however there is no timetable for delivery.

savydog likes this.
  4. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good list...thanks sobore!

SC Flier likes this.
  5. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member