Alaskan Air

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Dmh12011, Aug 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Dmh12011

Dmh12011 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello, I am a relative newbie to the travel scene and wondered if someone could help. My daughter and her usband are going to Hawaii in October and they typically use Delta to travel (once a year). She is going tp Hawaii for work and he will be joining her later in the week ( she leaves September 30th on Alaskan Air and he is planning on leaving October 4th) She would like to travel together back to PDX together October 9. If she signs up for Alaskan Airlines FF program can she transfer those points to Delta since they are partners?

marcwint55 and yaychemistry like this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most programs do not allow point transfers between partners. Many do allow you to redeem an award on a partner airline.

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta is an Alaskan Air partner, so she will need to insure that she gives Alaska Air the appropriate Delt account numbers.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just to clarify - she does not need to sign up for an Alaska Airlines account. When you book with Alaska, you will have the option to use your Delta FF number in the reservation. So as long as their Delta FF number is on the ticket, they will earn the full number of miles directly in their Delta account. If they've already booked, they can call the reservations number and have them add their Delta FF number to the reservation.

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. Dmh12011

Dmh12011 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you so much for your input. My daughter will be thrilled she is earning points and mom is hoping she has enough points to fly to Michigan for a visit. I love Milepoint!

yaychemistry and marcwint55 like this.
  6. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another thing to keep in mind is that if she has elite status with Delta, she will be entitled to one free bag per person and if her status is gold or higher, she is entitled to a free upgrade on check in if available.

Dmh12011 likes this.
  7. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you download their mobile app, you have the opportunity to change it at check-in as well.

Dmh12011 and yaychemistry like this.