Alaska Offering Mileage Plan Members Free Checked Bags In January

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Dec 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Here's a brilliant promotion on the part of Alaska Airlines. Alaska is offering Mileage Plan members traveling during the month of January one free checked bag. That's a savings of $25 compared to the normal cost of a checked bag. Let me start by saying that Alaska Airlines is the one airline I consistently check bags on. As much as I give Alaska a hard time in some ways, they do an amazing job with checked bags. They have a baggage service guarantee, whereby if your bag doesn't arrive at the baggage carousel within 20 minutes of when the aircraft door opens, you receive either a $25 discount for a future flight or 2,500 Mileage Plan miles. Alaska literally puts every other US airline to shame in that regard, and it shows a real respect for their customers. It's absolutely infuriating when you pay to check a bag on another airline, only to have it take 45 minutes for the bag to arrive at baggage claim. The post Alaska Offering Mileage Plan Members Free Checked Bags In January appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...