Alaska Flights and Lounge Access

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by IPBrian, Jul 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are flying coach from STL to OGG on AlaskaAir with a long layover in SEA. I usually fly AA and have an Amex platinum card for lounge access. The priority pass option will work for me in SEA in the Alaska Boardroom and I have two day passes my wife can hopefully use (they have my name on them). Anyone though have any thoughts on lounges in STL and OGG (we even have a quick stop at SAC on the way back). I fear I maybe without a lounge in these locations without paying an arm and a leg.

2. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    OGG appears to only have a Hawaiian Airlines lounge, based on a brief internet search.

IPBrian likes this.
  3. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am fairly sure that STL has an Admirals Club lounge, sounds like you are covered at all the airports :)

4. fti

fti Active Member

Status Points:
    With AmEx platinum you only gain access to AA lounges when flying AA metal. So I don't think they would be admitted to the AA lounge in STL.

5. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are correct...I ended up with Alaska Board Room Access in SEA-TAC and roughed it everywhere else...it wasn't pretty, but we survived! LOL! Thanks everyone!

6. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    CCI08262014.jpg I just picked up a Board Room info sheet while at PDX that shows the fee's and affliate club rooms. I don't know how much longer Delta will be on there :)

Attached Files:

dgreen12 and Flyer1976 like this.
  7. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mhmm... I should probably splurge for AS BR Membership as I'm always on DL every week out of ATL. ;)

daninstl likes this.
  8. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the post of the info sheet. I've got a lifetime SkyClub membership but mostly fly AS (so the SkyClub membership gets put to good use in AS Board Rooms). I hedged my bet with the AA Citibank credit card that gets Admirals Club membership in the offchance that AS & DL get divorced and AS & AA snuggle up together.

Have a fair amount of AA flights this year, so there will be value in any event.

daninstl likes this.
  9. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was in the Atlanta SkyClub in Terminal D (the terminal AS flies out of) before an AS flight last week --- the soup that DL is now serving in the clubs is mighty fine.

daninstl likes this.
  10. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    And if you're traveling with a companion, the second cup of soup is now $29. :(:mad:

11. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would be if I were a Board Room member, but I'm a lifetime Sky Club member (who now travels mostly on AS).