Alaska Continues Focus on San Diego, Another new route to be annouced

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by rockferd, Oct 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rockferd

rockferd Member

Status Points:
    Alaska Continues to grow in San Diego. They've gone from only 2 routes to/from SAN 3 years ago to 10 now and are up to 18 daily departures. Just last week the launched SAN-MCO their first transcontinental flight from SAN. Inside knowledge accidentally leaked to me that they will be announcing another new route in coming weeks.

Where will it be to? I have no clue....Maybe another route to Hawaii or Mexico? Or will they launch some Redeye flights from SAN before Southwest can?

Check out the full story here

wrxmom and jwsky like this.
  2. jimyvr
    Original Member

jimyvr Active Member

Status Points:
    SAN - BOS from 29MAR13
    SAN - LIH from 07JUN13

Reservation should be available as early as Thursday 15NOV12

ballardFlyer likes this.
  3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exciting to have more options with AS from SAN.

Their expansion here makes a lot of sense. In some ways it's a bit like SEA. No serious hubs present making them compete with majors, but it's one of the larger metropolitan markets with good companies, higher income regular OD travelers based on median income, cost of living/real estate, etc.

4. jimyvr
    Original Member

jimyvr Active Member

Status Points:
    Reservation for these 2 routes are now open, as of Thursday Night Pacific Time.

5. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really hope they continue this trend in Southern California and start LAX-BOS, that would be phenomenal.