Alaska Airlines Extends Hours at Board Room Airport Lounges - 5,000 bonus miles 4 signup

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by sobore, May 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://pr-usa.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=742374&Itemid=30

Alaska Airlines is extending the hours that members can visit its Board Room airport lounges in Anchorage, San Francisco, Seattle and Portland, Ore.

The Anchorage Board Room will be open daily from 5 a.m. to 1:30 a.m., starting June 11, four to six hours longer per day than its current schedule. The Portland and San Francisco Board Rooms have extended their Saturday hours to 9 p.m., while the Seattle Board Room, which had been closing at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, is now open until 10:30 p.m. daily.
    "We listened to our members who requested longer hours at our lounge in Anchorage and on the weekends at our other Board Rooms," said Caroline Boren, the airline's managing director of loyalty marketing and customer advocacy. "These new hours will offer nighttime and weekend travelers even greater access to a place where they can relax and enjoy our personal service."
    Customers who wish to become a member of Alaska Airlines Board Rooms can sign up on the airline's website at www.alaskaair.com/boardroom. Those who join between now and June 30, 2011, earn 5,000 Mileage Plan bonus miles.

2. Colonel G
    Original Member

Colonel G Silver Member

Status Points:
    I for one am thrilled about them keeping ANC ope n late. They tried this a few years ago and it was great while it lasted. Supposedly, they stopped the late hours because they were serving too much free booze.
    Let's hope it is here to last!

ANC RED-EYE and jackal like this.
  3. ANC RED-EYE

ANC RED-EYE Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree. I have 2 upcoming red-eye departures out of ANC in the near future...looking forward to being able to stop by the board room on my way out of town!

If they continue the late hours, any guesses whether or not they will be only seasonal? Lots of red-eyes in the winter too!

4. beckoa
    Original Member

beckoa Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have been enjoyin the extended hours all summer- Just got off a late nite MSP-ANC flt on DL and had time for 1.5 glasses of Alaskan White... when I made it down to the luggage carousel the bags still weren't coming out. Completely different then AS :(

jackal likes this.
  5. Colonel G
    Original Member

Colonel G Silver Member

Status Points:
    The next step is to convince them to make pancakes all day long!

jackal likes this.