Alaska Airlines Employee Buys Ticket For Stranded Delta Passenger

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by Sammich, Mar 23, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://consumerist.com/2015/03/23/alaska-airlines-employee-buys-ticket-for-stranded-delta-passenger/

2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very nice gesture indeed! And shame on Delta for using planes that can't start their engines for hours.

5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    A great story, thanks for posting Sammich! :)

uggboy and FetePerfection like this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    “When they had the mechanical maintenance and we ended up in Seattle and had to spend the night in a hotel there, they used the rest of the value of my entire ticket on that rescheduled flight that morning so there was no more money for me to fly home,” she says. “They didn’t tell me that.”

Did they really tell her that story? And the AS people heard that and didn't call it BS?

That’s when an Alaska Airlines employee stepped in, offering the woman a voucher for an earlier flight on that airline.

Why didnt Delta put the pax on AS?

Sammich likes this.
  7. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, part of this story doesn't add up. I would be curious to hear the other side. Why did she have to re-clear security at SEA? Her meeting was in California and she would have been connecting from there, one would think, and the entire SEA airport is accessible post-security. Delta obviously has an obligation to carry the passenger from their origin to destination if the passenger holds a valid ticket, or she would have been entitled to a refund. It sounds likely that something was done to invalidate her ticket... the question is what? Did Delta erroneously cancel her ticket? Was a change fee assessed when it should not have been? Did the passenger change or alter her ticket or miss a flight in such a way that her ticket would have been canceled?

I've never heard of an airline "using up all your value" on something that was ostensibly their fault. This sounds like a potential violation of their contract of carriage if so... but I somehow doubt that's the case.

It's a sweet gesture, but there are more holes in this story than in a slice of swiss cheese. :confused:

8. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I'm confused on the story as well...