alaska air visa reducing benefits

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by marcwint55, Jul 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just got notification that not only will the 1,000 bonus points for booking with the visa card be eliminated, but what I thought was the best value of using the companion certificate for first class travel, is gone as of August 2012. While many other credit card companies are improving their offerings, it seems that Bank of America and Alaska Airlines are greatly cutting their's.

I will probably let the Alaska Visa card go when it comes up for renewal as the annual fee is no longer worth paying in my situation.

2. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ouch. This post was literally the first thing I saw after activating my Alaska airlines card and adding it to Award Wallet. I wanted the miles to fly my sister to NYC for a family gathering this fall, and the companion certificate to fly my family to Hawaii this winter.

marcwint55 and mattsteg like this.
  3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    You may be just in time in that case.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    On the bright side, one less card in the wallet this fall. And we can stop picking on Aeroplan for a bit :D

marcwint55 likes this.