Alaska/AA - Possible to Double Dip?

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by livefastdiefun, Sep 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. livefastdiefun

livefastdiefun Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ive been flying on Alaska a lot lately but AA is my main carrier. When booking tickets I ALWAYS use my AA# as it is my primary domestic carrier and those miles are far more valuable to me than Alaska.

Does anyone know if it is possible to receive miles through Alaska as well? I've had success doing this in the past through other OneWorld carriers but have never tried with Alaska.

ie. resubmit my tickets as "request for mileage" on Alaska even though they have already been credited to my AA account

Thanks.

2. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    My guess is that this is probably skating a bit too close to the Dark Side (somewhere between cutting your son's hand off and destroying Alderran) for most people here to do it. Or, at least, to discuss it.

3. livefastdiefun

livefastdiefun Silver Member

Status Points:
    fwiw: my success in the past was accidental and not pre-meditated.

4. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would suspect that AS has internal controls in place (especially since it would be a manual process to credit the AS account) that this ploy won't work.

YMMV.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  5. AAL

AAL Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you are asking whether simultaneous credit is permitted by AS Mileage Plan's Conditions of Membership, the answer is no:

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/benefits/conditions-of-membership.aspx#earning

LETTERBOY likes this.
  6. Boraxo

Boraxo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Generally will not work based on my experience. I tried to resubmit Qantas flights for credit on BA (as I needed EQM) but was informed they had already been credited to AA and could not be changed. When you submit the request, the mileage program submits a request to the carrier that you flew, which will show your AA account in the file. Now I'm sure mistakes happen...