Alain Ducasse Drops St. Regis New York's Adour

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by uggboy, Oct 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Alain Ducasse Drops St. Regis New York's Adour ||

Seems that Alain Ducasse has a lot less success lately, at least with this ventures.:confused:

Kalboz and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's sad because it was really good

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad you have those memories.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cant say Im surprised..... wonder when was the last time that AD soiled his fingers with any real cooking........

:rolleyes:

uggboy likes this.
  5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    True. When has Jean Georges either?

Against that, I was at Aureole last week, and indeed Charlie Palmer was present...and appeared to be cooking that night (based on the different colors splattered on his jacket)!

Gaucho and uggboy like this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder about this space. Lespinasse, the prior occupant of the space, also closed. I wonder (suspect?) the kitchen conditions/configuration may be challenging in this century-old building.

The space isn't prominent within the hotel, either...but I'm sure the hotel isn't gentle with the rent that they charge.

uggboy likes this.
  7. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree that most Celeb Chefs dont soil their fingers.... this is why I try to reward those like Palmer that still get down and work..... I understand all the branding and marketing, but when it gets out of normal limits I have issues... I dont expect Ducasse or any of the other demi-gods to do dishes or chop onions..... but I do expect them to be at the helm and do some serious work from time to time, especially at their flagship locations... heck, if they are smart they can even charge extra for a few chef's table events when they spend the whole service at a place..... that also counts.

I try to be reasonable.... but, for those star chefs that never cook, and no, cooking for Benedict 16th and Juan Carlos of Spain and other celebrities from time to time does not count.... unless you will cook for your "regular" customers on a somewhat regular basis, I have little to no respect to offer these characters.....

uggboy likes this.
  8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree, mostly it's marketing, the press and people who want to be "different" as other people, but pay a lot more for the privilege to be a customer of such chefs.

Gaucho likes this.