Airtran A+ Elite to Southwest A+ Status Match

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by Mike Reed, Jun 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone have recent experience getting Southwest to match/recognize Airtran Elite Status over to Southwest? I'm going to try this today and thought I'd ask before I did.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Partially in thanks to this thread, I called Airtran's A+ Elite line, spoke with a rep, gave her my WN FF# and she processed the match. I don't see it in my WN account yet, but I'm betting it may take a bit to process. Will report back here.

3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    As of midnight it shows A-List in my WN account. Woohoo! Now if WN will just get PreCheck... :)

Simple process - one call to FL, gave them both account numbers, instant match.

4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Instant match works both ways. I have A+ on FL despite having never stepped foot on one of their aircraft courtesy of my WN A-List.

5. jaloola

jaloola Active Member

Status Points:
    I recently made Elite on AirTran, and was actually wondering the exact same thing you were, especially as all AirTran Elites received an email last year inviting them to reciprocal status with Southwest A-List that never seemed to be offered again. Looks like I'll be making a call as well soon. :)

Out of curiosity, how did you phrase your request? It seems as if you simply asked for a status match out of the blue, and they were more than happy to comply, or did you imply a reason as well (i.e. you were planning on increasing your travel on WN, the changing AirTran route network, etc.)? And furthermore, how long did they extend your A-List status for, until your A+ Elite expiration date, for a full year, until the end of 2013, or some other time period?