Airports and Estimated Miles

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by MSYgirl, Oct 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    This may be a bit ambitious, but I would love to see a listing by US airport (or international) that shows the miles (EQMs) for each flight. Obviously these would consist of the longer EQM flights. This would be a beneficial tool in MR planning. Is there any interest? I could start compiling a list based on my home airport, and other users could do the same.

2. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would ITA be the best resource to start this?

3. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems like a lot of effort for very little gain. Besides routes come and go, it would be out of date in a week.

gcmap.com for miles
    On Wikpedia , each airport page lists airlines and their non-stop destinations, usually current

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    kiwi likes this.
  4. BTReagle

BTReagle New Member

Status Points:
    Maybe not exactly what you were asking, but I found it helpful. You can input your airports and it will calculate the miles flown per location. (has other perks for delta flyers,but useful for all airlines)

http://fly.qux.us/smcalc/

MSYgirl likes this.
  5. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    www.gcmap.com is easy to use and close enough to the miles used by airlines (within a few miles)

6. FEV77

FEV77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know of such a "tool". I've used the airline's route map. For example, AA's route map (http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/whereWeFly/maps/world.jsp) has a feature where you can search for destinations from a certain city and up pops a box with all such destinations. You can then sort those results by distance.

MSYgirl likes this.
  7. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for this. I tried it out and while it's closely accurate, some of the distances listed don't match what has posted to my account. I'll make a list of posted miles and see how it goes.

FEV77 likes this.
  8. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    FEV77 likes this.