Airport security staff arrest and use Taser on unarmed man at LAX

Discussion in 'LAX/SNA/LGB/BUR | Los Angeles Area Airports' started by uggboy, May 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Airport security staff arrest and use Taser on unarmed man at LAX

Newscience likes this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bad headline again. Saw the video by Verne Troyer. The guy left TSA after being directed to secondary, he was stopped and frisked but broke away from the Frisker and ignored instructions to stop several times. He was alerted that they were going to use the Taser and did not comply with POLICE requests (not TSA). So he was tased. Also, since he was leaving the TSA, he did not have any carryon with him at that point. Where was it, did he leave it at the checkpoint. I did notice that he was wearing a hat at the beginning of his excursion. And it did fall off. Was he asked at TSA to remove the hat and ignored them.

It comes down to airline security. If one is allowed to ignore the TSA, why was he ignoring their instructions.

uggboy likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The video I saw of this on the TV news looked like there were two employees with tasers. One of the ones who used a taser on him had a uniform that looked like TSA to me, with the distinctive blue-colored shirt.

I didn't think that TSA employees were allowed to carry or use weapons, including tasers.

uggboy likes this.