"Airport Lounges" forum?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by TheInternationalLine, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TheInternationalLine
    Original Member

TheInternationalLine Silver Member

Status Points:
    There's a "Luxury Hotels" forum under travel. How about a forum for airport lounges -- lounge access (Amex Platinum, Priority Pass, etc.), best lounges, etc.? Often times these topics aren't associated with a particular airline or airport.

BondAir007 and bucketlist like this.
  2. brp
    Original Member

brp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lounges are often associated with alliances such as OneWorld and *A, as well as being card accessible. So, there are really two orthogonal axes along which to categorize these. Not sure that there is a good way to cover both axes, but I would think that alliance would be more-accessed. Maybe have Lounge sticky threads in the credit card or Priority Access forums, for that axis. Just a thought.

Cheers.

3. PanAm
    Original Member

PanAm Silver Member

Status Points:
    There also are the occasional "unaffiliated" lounges - operated by the local (often smaller) airport - not tied to an airline, alliance, or card program at all. Sometimes access is dependent upon being a member or some sort of airline lounge; sometimes not. I recall seeing mention of a few here and there on FT...would have to go back and try to search for specifics. My local airport (DAY) has one, for example, run by the chamber of commerce that's essentially open to anyone.

I've sometimes thought it might be nice to have a thread listing those kind of lounges that people find. Not sure if there's enough interest for a thread of that sort as the number of such lounges is probably fairly low. Still, heading to Podunk Field, might be handy to see if anything's available to pass the time.

I'd think it would go under the general Travel forum, not being airline or alliance specific.

kiwi likes this.
  4. BondAir007
    Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like to see a 'Airport Lounge' forum. To be part of the Airline program section. But to have its own title forum section.

5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree this would be great- also to review all the unaffiliated lounges.