Airport guide tool?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by maestrito, Mar 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. maestrito

maestrito Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello everyone!
    My first post. I have been following milepoint for a year now and have benefited from your knowledge. I have a quick question. A while ago I remember finding a website that would provide you with all flights arriving or departing from airports around the world. I remember it had a big map and you could filter the flights by airline or alliance. Very helpful tool to redeem so great trips. The tool was for free. This website was for free. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark it and then went on vacations (first class to Peru round trip during NYE for 60k with AA, great deal, buying those tickets would have been $4k) and I haven't been able to find this website again. Any of you would know what I'm talking about?

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    For revenue fares, I use SkyScanner. Not sure of one that has both award and revenue tix.

3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. maestrito

maestrito Active Member

Status Points:
    Wow! Thank you very much for your quick responses. It might have been SkyScanner, however I reviewed all websites and I know they will be helpful in the future!
    The tool that I remember using didn't have the option to buy tickets from it. You would only click the airports and it would list flights from that specific airport. Not so much as a flight tracker but more for informational purposes to know what airlines reach those airports.
    I'm going to look around all the websites you guys have forwarded. Thank you very much!

rwoman and miles and smiles like this.
  5. LauraPDX

LauraPDX Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like sky scanner the best of all of these, it will let you click on links to book tickets or you can take the info and go directly to the airline website to compare prices (always amazes me that they aren't always the cheapest option).

6. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP maestrito!

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just to add to the list of sites offering up this sort of functionality, the folks at RouteHappy have something similar, and it includes alliance-based filtering, too, which is nice.
    http://t.co/eWRQ77ET

AdamNYC likes this.