Airport guard tries to swallow stolen $100

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Mar 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.emirates247.com/crime/local/airport-guard-tries-to-swallow-stolen-100-2013-03-19-1.499269

HAJ, 33, a Bangladeshi security officer at Dubai International Airport, allegedly tried to swallow a 100-dollar note which he had stolen from a passenger’s handbag during inspection, causing a flight to be delayed by about half an hour, the Dubai Criminal Court heard.

The passenger’s husband WMH, 48, American pilot, testified that on June 20 at around 2.30am he was on his way to USA on holiday with family on an Emirates flight.

“My wife was ahead of me at the boarding gate. She was shouting at the inspector and asking him to return the money he had stolen while he was checking her handbag which contained $5,000. She told me she saw a $100 note in his hand which he dropped behind the desk and then bent down to pick it up and hid it in his trouser pocket. I asked the inspector to return the money but he denied taking it, so I went to meet his senior. We all went to the inspection room where the senior did not find anything. But I insisted on reporting the incident to the police.

Read More: http://www.emirates247.com/crime/local/airport-guard-tries-to-swallow-stolen-100-2013-03-19-1.499269

2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Considering how many germs are on the typical piece of paper money, they thief could well end up praying to the porcelain altar. :p

3. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Imagine the wait for that note if he HAD swallowed it! Anyone have a colander??

sobore likes this.
  4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points: