Airplane Amenity Bags You'll Want to Keep Long After Your Flight

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by MSYgirl, Jan 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't familiar with Darren Booth, but I imagine he would be interested in this article. RIP.

[article]

Gone are the days when airline amenity kits were dreadful polyester pouches filled with packets of toothpaste and greasy moisturizer. Today, airlines are constantly one-upping each other to offer the most glam goodie bags. And you don’t have to be sitting in first class to score one either. These new business class amenity containers are unique, beautiful, and worth toting around even after you used up all the amenities.

[​IMG]

Qantas
    Feel free to use up all of Qantas’s selection of Malin+Goetz skincare products, but hang on to the Jack and Kate Spade bags. They’re a perfect size for storing your travel docs and mobile accessories.

[​IMG]

Turkish
    Turkish Airlines is no stranger to name-dropping (ever seen their commercials?), and for its sleek business-class amenities bag, the world’s fastest-growing airline turned to Porsche. The new hard-shell case is the first time Porsche Designs allowed its brand to be used for an in-flight amenity kit, and contains the Italian skincare brand Acca Kappa’s “Green Mandarin” line.

Read more here.

2. Dozer

Dozer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I only got to chat with him a few times via Twitter. He really was a genuinely nice guy and I will miss reading his amenity kit reviews. I'm flying with Turkish Airlines in March and I'm bummed they switched to this new Porsche Design case. I was really hoping for their current iPad case.

uggboy and MSYgirl like this.
  3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some nice cases. But the short list is missing some of my favorites. The Delta Tumi case is on the small side, but very high quality and matches some of my other Tumi products. Also, the Rimowa cases are very nice. I have several from Eva Air which I use on longer trips.

uggboy likes this.
  4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    My wife likes the DL Tumi as a clutch purse. She also uses some from AF. I have a large one with magnetic latch from AZ that I've used for 5 or 6 years to carry bath/med stuff in my carryon.

icurhere2 likes this.
  5. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

Gargoyle likes this.
  6. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    The LAN business class amenity kit is a nice bag. My wife uses it to store her makeup and I use it to keep small odds and ends together in my commute bag.