airmiles agents

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by theApostle, Apr 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. theApostle

theApostle New Member

Status Points:
    spend about £20,000 every year on travel mainly from London (Business Class), my company has offices in KL, Singapore, Lagos and Nairobi. However I met a guy last month in Singapore who said to me he flew LHR to SIN return for £900 and I paid over £3000 and we both flew on Air France. He said he has a Travel Agent that books all his flights using airmiles. He won't disclose to me his agent and how he does it - I have been searching online eversince and actually spoken to several travel agencies no one seem to know how this guy does it, can anyone here help.

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mileage brokers buy points (generally against the T&C of the programs) and book tickets with them. If they get caught the tix can be voided.

Also, it is not all that uncommon for different passengers on the plane to pay different rates, though that spread is rather wide.

Gargoyle, Dublin_rfk and theApostle like this.
  3. theApostle

theApostle New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the quick response so where can I find a broker :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  4. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    A three to one difference really isn't that bad. Says the man normally on the high end of the difference.

5. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. theApostle

theApostle New Member

Status Points:
    Danke euromannn