Airlines in the U.S. reel in premium passengers with fine wines

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jul 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Culture...passengers-with-fine-wines.ashx#axzz1SSGXuo8Y

Delta Air Lines’ master sommelier Andrea Robinson opened up bottle after bottle of white and red wine from France, Italy, Australia, the U.S. and other parts of the world.

As she tasted them, a blue bucket sat on the table next to her. It was there so she could spit out each sip, ensuring she wouldn’t get tipsy and could distinguish between the different wines. By the time she’s done in the next few days, Robinson will have tasted and smelled roughly 2,000 bottles.

2. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    That quote bothers me about the approach to wine. Should she be focused on the characteristics of the wine? I'm sure we've all had phenomenal 8 dollar bottles and not-so-good 50 dollar bottles.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd prefer a selection of light, medium, and full bodied wines than the idea that it has to "tase premium." In the US, that's easy, just don't have a wine that tastes like Sutter Home or Yellowtail.