Airline travel scams are abundant

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Apr 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.eturbonews.com/34625/airline-travel-scams-are-abundant

The Better Business Bureau (BBB)warns consumers in the United States should be aware of letters and post cards you receive Two through the mail. The first is a letter claiming you have won two free round-trip airline tickets. They use real or look-alike airline names and encourage a call to a toll-free number to collect your prize. If you call, you are asked for personal information to process the prize. However, the scammer is collecting information that can be used to steal your identity.

Another is a postcard claiming you have won airline tickets for anywhere in the contiguous U.S. This is actually a pitch for a high-pressure sales presentation. Some presentation attendees reported not receiving airline tickets as promised or that the tickets were for a few select cities.

Read More: http://www.eturbonews.com/34625/airline-travel-scams-are-abundant

2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also regularly delete emails from "Airline" or "Airlines" about tickets recently purchased from my account. BBB is aware of that one too.

sobore and uggboy like this.
  3. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately my dad receives these scams all the time and I have to waste my time explaining to him that they are all scams.

Mapsmith and sobore like this.
  4. Flying Bat

Flying Bat Silver Member

Status Points:
    The article forgets to mention the disgraceful amount of YQ supplement added to fares by British Airways.
    Surely that's a scam which outweighs them all?