Airline staff lose bag containing $1 million

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jul 23, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/airline-staff-lose-bag-containing-1-million/2715884/

A BAG containing $1 million in cash has been lost by airline staff en route from New Zealand to Hong Kong.

The Chinese language website Oriental Daily reported that the bag was one of 13 carrying a total of $10 million in New Zealand bills.

English news site Shanghaiist said the bag was flown from New Zealand on a Cathay Pacific aircraft and arrived at Hong Kong International Airport on Friday night.

The cash was being transported to the Bank of China in bags labelled G4S International Logistics in a luggage box through a cargo transfer service provided by a Cathay subsidiary, Hong Kong Airport Services.

Read More: http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/airline-staff-lose-bag-containing-1-million/2715884/

Newscience and snap like this.
  2. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    How many times do we have to say: never put valuables in your checked baggage!

Oops. :eek:

sobore and milchap like this.
  3. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Truth is sometimes stranger lthan fiction. :eek:

YULtide and sobore like this.
  4. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd "lose" it too. :p

YULtide, sobore and snap like this.
  5. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it was in a box with other bags, I doubt if the Airline Staff had access. I would look at either customs or the Logistics company. This just about has to be an inside job and the Airline probably has no liability. And if they do, they just have to find another G4S Logistics Box.

milchap and sobore like this.