Airline Passengers Demanding Better Smartphone Services

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by sobore, Oct 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscent...ers_demanding_better_smartphone_services.html

Airlines and airports will have to gear themselves up to support airline passengers demanding to use their smartphones to check-in online and get flight and airport gate information, according airline IT provider SITA.

The number of smartphones carried by airline passengers has doubled over the last year making them an important tool for travellers wishing to check-in remotely, access flight information on the go, or use an emerging range of flight-related applications, according to the company's annual Air Transport World Passenger Self-Service Survey.

Read more: http://www.pcworld.com/businesscent...ers_demanding_better_smartphone_services.html

Lufthansa Flyer, uggboy and emajy like this.
  2. emajy
    Original Member

emajy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would love to see mobile boarding passes accepted at all gates.

sobore, Lufthansa Flyer and uggboy like this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just wish they worked better at security. The TSOs seem to be slightly confused, and the scanners are very slow and finicky.

sobore and uggboy like this.
  4. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    The main problem I see is in the consistency of the mobile efforts across all the different airlines. Some do it well, others put out a half-hearted effort. There is so much fragmentation out there in who does this.

There needs to be some level of standardization or consolidation into one or two main forces for any given item so that there is consistency across the board.

sobore and emajy like this.