Status Points:
    Airline passenger uses laptop to catch seat neighbor reading his messages

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    iolaire likes this.
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    when he noticed his seat partner glancing his way.
    Ok good use of an eyesight camera but that's no surprise to me. Computer screens draw the eyes in, that's why it sucks so much when people text during moves or plays, even though you want to focus on the production they draw you in.

Also seems like he is naive and don't know about Privacy Screen Protectors.

I see nothing wrong with looking at another person's screen if they decide to open it up in a public space. Personally I try to ignore it but it sucks you in.

uggboy likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Imagine you are in the middle seat between two people with laptops. You'd have to put on blinders to not see what's on their screens.

I am with you, I try not to stare, but I am definitely not restricting my head movements because of my neighbor's choice of inflight activities.

A fun story I have told a few times: on a coach flight I was sitting in an aisle seat, and in the row in front of me on the other side of the aisle was a "suit" working on her laptop. Totally in my field of vision. Turns out, based on the powerpoint she was working on that she was a VP working for one of our major competitors. Ooops.

GenevaFlyer and iolaire like this.
  4. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's like connecting to an open public wifi. Use at your own risk. The difference is I'm trying to hack into your computer. When seat space is so small and you choose to work on your laptop then you have to expect that "we" are looking at it together. It better be boring. The last flight I was on, the guy next to me was writing a sales flyer about a dog training event or something. Boring. If he would have been writing a blog post about airline miles I would have been reading along with him :)

uggboy likes this.