Airline lost your luggage? Never fear, just 3D-print new gear

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Apr 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/128423-airline-lost-your-luggage-never-fear-just-3d-print-new-gear

[​IMG]

We've seen 3D-printed pizza. We've seen 3D-printed guns. But now there's 3D-printed luggage...and wardrobe to boot.

Conceptual artist Janne Kyttanen, who studied industrial design at the Escola De Disseny in Barcelona and serves as the creative director of 3D systems, has come up with a limited-edition collection geared toward helping people who have lost their luggage (or who just want to travel unencumbered).

Read More: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/128423-airline-lost-your-luggage-never-fear-just-3d-print-new-gear

2. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Brass (yellow) knuckles included?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    uggboy, gregm and Newscience like this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting, sobore! Now, if certain airlines learn about this, can printed 3-D airplanes be far behind? ;)

blackjack-21, uggboy and gregm like this.
  4. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or to carry it one step further.....my very own, really, B757-200 ! I'm getting tired of flying that old slow B737-400 on my Microsoft FlightSim98, so I'd need some time on that aircraft's simulator before taking over the controls of the bigger bird, but I haven't given up the thought of doing so as yet. And if Martin Savage of CNN can sit in a B777-200 flight simulator for hours on end and pretend he knew what he was talking about, well !! Did he sleep in that simulator too, as he was on at all hours of the day and night, and at one point I thought I heard him fly directly over our apartment, as we're not very far from the area where the sim he "flew" is located.

And besides, doesn't John Travolta fly his own B757 from time to time? Well since he's just acting out the part, it shouldn't be too difficult for an old timer like me to really enjoy sitting in the left seat with both feet on the pedals and one hand on the throttles with the other on the wheel as we take off from here into the wild green yonder. (Sorry, thunderstorms predicted here today, so the blue yonder may be unseeable until I fly us well above them).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    gregm and Newscience like this.
  5. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doesn't John-boy have an old Qantas 707?
    [​IMG]

blackjack-21 likes this.
  6. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice pic Greg, but I thought I'd seen him standing in front of a -57, droopy nose and all (not his, nose that is, but airplane possibly!), but I could be wrong, although once when I thought I had made a MISTEAK, it turned out I was mistaken and was correct after all.

7. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    He usually pops out of his 707. On a side note, I have a friend who has a Greyhound rescue not too far from his house/hangar in Ocala, FL and he has that sucker parked in the 'driveway' along with a small jet.
    [​IMG]
    I need to watch Grease now.

Flyer1976 and blackjack-21 like this.
  8. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And if your friend is a British guy who lives in Ocala and drives an old restored Rolls Royce and was a pilot years ago for an airline in the UK, we may know the same person, although we met him very infrequently many years ago.

Someone should call Travolta and ask him if he ever stood beside the nose of a B757 to pretend he knew how to handle that rocket, but I've lost his phone number, so you'll have to do so.