Airline is slow to refund student's ticket after grandfather's death

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by rwoman, Apr 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    perryplatypus likes this.
  2. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    As we all know, refunds are a painfully slow process with AA. Also, this student says he was supposed to mail in his grandfather's death certificate, then goes on to say that he "began the process of requesting a refund on the American Airlines website" and sent AA an email. AFAIK, that program to email customer service does not permit attachments.

AA has twice been very kind to Mrs. gemac in situations of the death of our mothers. I'm certain that they will come through for this student, but he may not have processed his request correctly. This is the kind of simple thing that Chris Elliott is good at, he will be able to get the refund processed promptly.

3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was able to get a refund on a ticket to FRA a few years as part of a itinerary I booked which included a family friend who passed away during surgery. When I spoke to AA the CSR was quite sympathic but it required an additional call some time later to get it processed.. surprsingly they didnt request a death certificate.