airline club WIFI

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by AAEXPmember, Aug 25, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. AAEXPmember

AAEXPmember Active Member

Status Points:
    I figured it would be beneficial to post the passwords to the airline club WIFI at different cities so people without a membership can steal it if they sit near a club at the airports. Anyone agree?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Beneficial to whom??

Were I a paying member I'd probably be annoyed to find that someone else was getting the same benefits which I paid for, especially if the total available resources (i.e. bandwidth) are limited.

alfagirl and newbluesea like this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Added to the above post to which I agree with entirely. I log in with my AAdvantage #, you want me to post that here??? :rolleyes:.. stay tuned.:D

Newscience likes this.
  4. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    My mommy taught me that stealing is bad...

FriendlySkies, alfagirl and estnet like this.
  5. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    When they started the Business Class service on the Coast Starlight in June, it was feared that passengers in J would share the wifi password with passengers in Y. I countered and said no one would want their service to suffer so someone who didn't pay for it could have it. :rolleyes:

People don't like to pay for something and have others receive it for free, particularly things like wifi that are not a basic necessity. It's one thing to give half a sandwich to a homeless person and another to give the wifi password to a cheap freeloader.

Now on the other hand, when I was flying constantly I had a monthly GoGo account. I shared my login details with two of my friends and we coordinated who was flying when so we wouldn't have duplicate logins. I paid for unlimited access for one device at a time, the service didn't (at least then, maybe it does now) differentiate that only *I* could use it. On the other hand, an AC membership is exactly that: you pay for YOU and a guest, not whoever.

FriendlySkies and alfagirl like this.
  6. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    A very few might agree, but most of us do not condone your idea.

FriendlySkies, alfagirl and timfrost like this.