Airline Catering Service Gets 30 Days to Clean Up

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by uggboy, May 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/...ing-service-gets-30-days-to-clean-up-its-act/
    Self-proclaimed as "Central Ohio's premiere catering service," Tufo's To Go is also an airline catering facility, but it has been told to make food-safety improvements.

In an April 21 warning letter, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) informed Tufo's that its classification as an airline catering facility has been downgraded to "Provisional" status from "Approved."

2. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    After reading this article, I'm actually amazed there aren't (more) incidents of food poisoning involving onboard catering. Could be they don't get reported, could be pax don't recognize symptoms or make the connection to onboard meals or could be it doesn't happen, which I doubt. Perhaps the temps the meals are reheated onboard, kill any bacteria.

Regarding Tufo's To Go facility problems, I'm sure they're not a lot different than many restaurants we frequent with the exception that Tufo's To Go touches many more meals.

uggboy likes this.