Airline Catering Employees Steal 100,000 Tiny Booze Bottles

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by ACMM, Sep 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Link

NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities say workers at New York's Kennedy Airport stole 100,000 mini liquor bottles and duty-free items such as larger bottles of liquor, perfume and cigarettes.

Eighteen employees were arrested Wednesday on charges including larceny and possession of stolen property.

Fifteen are current or former truck drivers for LSG Sky Chefs, an airline catering company owned by Lufthansa that serves as a subcontractor to American Airlines. The other three are security guards.

Queens District Attorney Richard Brown says they stole more than $750,000 worth of liquor and other items. He says a search warrant at the home of one retired truck driver turned up more than 500 garbage bags filled with mini liquor bottles.

The arrests came after a five-month investigation dubbed Operation Last Call.

Wageslave and Sweet Willie like this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Party time? :p

3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    100,000 bottles is quite a few !!

My nephew came close to developing a mini bottle bar when I was an RA w/Intercontinental properties, each day I stayed at the IC in his city, he'd clean out the minibar, I wish I'd saved the photo he sent me of his home mini-bottle bar set up, priceless.:D

iterfacio12, Jimgotkp and ACMM like this.
  4. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    100,000 mini bottles * 1.7 oz per bottle = 170,000 oz., or nearly 7,000 normal-sized bottles of booze. That'd make for a fun MP reunion party.

ACMM likes this.
  5. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How many stays would it take me to acquire, as an RA at Intercontinental, 100,000 mini bottles of hard drink. I generally get 5 a day, so multiply that this, hmm, add there, okay, now something to do with long division... 20,000 nights. Sigh. That's about, what, 54 years living at IC's, AND ensuring room service tops off my mini-bar. I better get started.

6. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    And LH is the victim of another heist. Will they include this in a movie in years to come? :D

7. SOLTATIO

SOLTATIO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your nephew seems to have a proper businessman mind to him. If he still has any braincells left after the consumption of all that of course...

Sweet Willie likes this.