Airline Award Ticket Change Fees

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I am fortunate to have nearly unlimited flexibility in my schedule - as long as I can be "connected" to the internet 10-12 hours a day it doesn't really matter what continent or time zone I'm in. This makes it a bit easier for me personally to redeem airline miles, as I truly don't care where I travel as long as it's an interesting experience. I was planning on going to India this week, but am truly just as thrilled to be exploring Lisbon. That's an extreme example, but having some type of flexibility makes award travel much easier. Whether that's a range of dates you can travel, or fixed dates with a list of two or three potential destinations, or being open to supplementing your award ticket with cash for fuel surcharges or positioning flights, giving yourself some wiggle room can open up better redemptions and better products. Another strategy (and one that is probably most realistic for the majority of people), is to budget in the cost of change fees. In most cases the cost to change an award ticket is surprisingly reasonable, so I'll often recommend clients of my award booking service "lock in" something acceptable that works for their dates, and then try to improve the itinerary closer to departure. The post Airline Award Ticket Change Fees appeared first on One Mile at a Time. Related StoriesAir France FlyingBlue October/November Promo Awards — Up To 50% OffBest Ways To Book Lufthansa First Class Using MilesUnited.com Not Displaying Copa Award Space

Continue reading...